Crystal Park Baptist Church Benoni will host Training for Bible Study and Church Leaders. The intent of the course is to equip men and women to serve as Bible study leaders. Also, the course aids the identification and development of potential elders and deacons. Each week there will be workshops, teachings and assignments and discussions.
The course will run on Thursdays from 7:00-9:00pm. We will begin on the 5th of November. It will also be live-streamed to Youtube and Facebook. But, the resources below are only available to those who attend at the church. Also, we will not stream the roundtable discussions. Therefore we encourage all Benonians to join us in person.
What the Bible Training course covers
- Hermeneutics and Homiletics: Hermeneutics is the theory and methodology of interpretation, especially the interpretation of biblical texts. Homiletics means the art of teaching and preaching. We will use resources from Leadership Resources and the content will be facilitated by Jeff Gage. This study unit will take 15 weeks.
- Systematic Theology: We will use the book Biblical Doctrine by MacArthur and Mayhue as a resource. Doctrine isn’t just for theologians―it’s important for every Christian because it shows us who God is and how we should live. This study unit will take 15 weeks.
- Bible Overview: We will read the Bible over a 15 week period. Each week there is an overview presentation of individual books of the Bible and a discussion about practical applications. We will use Old Testament Overview and New Testament Overview from Capitol Hill Baptist Church as well as the MacArthur NASB Study Bible. This study unit will take 15 weeks.
- Our Healthy Church: Because 9 Marks of a Healthy Church by Mark Dever has been so key to Crystal Park Baptist Church Benoni we will cover it as an introduction to practical ecclesiology. We will use 9 Marks of a Healthy Church and 9Marks journals as resources. This study unit will take 9 weeks.
- Biblical Eldership: Alexander Straugh’s comprehensive look Biblical Eldership focuses on the role and function of elders, bringing all the advantages of shared leadership into focus. Beginning with the four broad categories of eldership (leading, feeding, caring, and protecting), Biblical Eldership explores the essential work of elders, their qualifications (including why qualifications are necessary), their relationships with each other, and each of the biblical passages related to eldership. This study unit will take 7 weeks.
Sign up to join us for Bible Training
We have plenty of seating and encourage folk from Benoni to join us at the church, Crystal Park Baptist Church Benoni, 1 Clydesdale Road, Crystal Park, Benoni.
- Contact the church office via WhatsApp (+27 87 700 5319).
- Email the church office (email@example.com).
Your health and safety is important to us. So, we have appointed Richard Visser as our compliance officer. Find our Covid-19 plan here: https://www.crystalparkbaptistchurch.co.za/2020/09/23/covid-19-plan/.