Guidelines for a Guest Preacher
|File Size||77.83 KB|
|Create Date||May 6, 2019|
|Last Updated||June 10, 2019|
Guidelines for a guest preacher
Guidelines for a guest preacher.
- You are invited to preach at Crystal Park Baptist Church Benoni on the _____________.
- We are an expository preaching church.
- We encourage guest preachers to stick to well-known texts or central doctrines.
- We are a Sola 5 church. To find out what we believe: Our Confession of Faith.
- If you’re interested to learn more about us you can look at our website: https://www.crystalparkbaptistchurch.co.za.
Church Office Contact Details
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone: 011 969 0967 or _____________.
A Week Before the Service
- Please send the following required information to the church office:
- Your brief biography (1-3 paragraphs or 3-9 sentences/bullets).
- The text will you be preaching from.
- The passage you want read and the translation you want it read from (our default version is the Chrsitian Standard Bible; you can read why here: The Christian Standard Bible).
- You may optionally send the following information to the church office:
- The title of your sermon.
- Your sermon outline (for sermon slide preparation).
- A hymn you might like sung (optional).
- We normally record the sermon and post it online. Indicate your permission to do so.
Host Contact Details
- On the day you will be hosted by:
- Name: _____________.
- Email: _____________.
- Telephone: _____________.
- They will be with you before and after the service and will sit together with you.
Just Before the Service
- Our address is: 1 Clydesdale Road, Crystal Park, Benoni.
- Parking is available on the church property and on the street.
- Our service starts at 9:30am and ends at 11:00am.
- The church is open from 7:30am. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the service.
- Tea and coffee is served before the service. You are welcome to join us.
- If you would like a quiet place to prepare please speak to your host.
- Our pulpit is a lectern. Please adjust it to your desired height before the service starts.
- Our preacher uses a lapel mic. Please do a sound check before the service starts.
- You will not be responsible for any part of the service except for the sermon.
- The preacher wears jeans or chinos and a buttoned shirt. A jacket or tie is at your discretion.
- Our congregation is made up of men and woman, old and young, black and white (and everything in between), first, second and third language English speakers, the theologically solid and the unsaved.
- We’re about 140 people on a Sunday morning. We have seating for 144, overflow for 65.
- Your host will go up before the public reading of Scripture and introduce you to the church.
- The Scripture will then be read and you are to go up afterwards.
- There is a table with a glass and water near the lectern.
- We preach between 35-50mins.
- Please do bring greetings from your own local church.
- Please do share the Gospel explicitly and feel free to make a universal call to repentance.
- We do not do altar calls. You may refer salvation questions to an elder after the service.
- Close in prayer.
After the Sermon
- The benediction will be read by your host.
After the Service
- Your host will take you just outside the church door to greet the congregation as they exit.