- Download 8
- File Size 61.96 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date October 22, 2019
- Last Updated October 22, 2019
Guidelines for the Leading Notices
Guidelines for Leading Notices
The notices are the very first activity of our worship service. As such they set a tone and are important to get right.
Team Leader and Team
- See Appendix 1: The Notices Team Leader and Team.
- If you are unable to fulfil your duty please give your team leader sufficient notice.
- Please arrive no later than 8.15am for the 8:30am service or 10:15 for the 10:30am service.
- Inform the service coordinator and worship leader that you are present when you arrive.
Before the Services
- Check with the preacher and worship leader if there is anything to note about the services.
- Check with Mark, Tshepo or Warren which notices will be specifically presented.
- Inform the projectionist which notices will be specifically presented.
- Be seated when the bell rings 5mins before each service.
- Be seated in such a way as to minimise distraction when you come up.
- Anticipate coming up immediately when the notices slide goes up.
Before the Notices
- Do not tamper with the lectern.
- Always use the mic.
- Do not test the mic by blowing into it.
- Do not put your hands into your pockets.
- Welcome and notices should take 2 minutes.
- Welcome everybody.
- Greet visitors. Assume they are there. Never ask them to identify themselves.
- Thank visitors for filling out a visitor card. Ask them to place it in the offering basket.
- Tell visitors where the bathrooms are, the Mother’s Room is, if there is Sunday School.
- Ask everybody to turn their phones to silent.
- Point out that information and notices are in the pewslip.
- Highlight specific notices (you may ask a person to raise their hand or stand so they can be easily identified, you may point to the information table where the signup sheets are).
- Handover to the worship leader.